Friday, November 7, 2008

Ode to My Wife-The Quilter

She learned to quilt on Monday
Her stitches all were fine
She forgot to thaw out dinner
So we went out to dine

She quilted miniatures on Tuesday
She says they are a must
They really were quite lovely
But she forgot to dust

On Wednesday it was a sampler
She says the stippling's fun
What highlights! What Shadows!
But the laundry wasn't done

Her patches were on Thursday
Green, yellow, blue and red
I guess she was really engrossed
She never made the bed

It was wall hangings on Friday
In colors she adores
It never bothered her at all
The crumbs on the floors

I found a maid on Saturday
My week is now complete
My wife can quilt the hours away
The house will still be neat

Well, it's already Sunday
I think I'm about to wilt
I cursed, I raved, I ranted
The MAID has learned to QUILT!

No comments: