Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Janome Sewing Machine

So....yesterday I threatened my Janome that I was going to throw it away. I shook it real good and then walked away. My frustration had gotten the best of me, I had had enough. I was complaining to Vance that I didn't know what I was going to do now that my Janome was not working right. I had all these projects to finish (I use this machine for stippling only, it wouldn't stop breaking my thread. I could not even sew a few stitches without the thread breaking. Before leaving Texas, I even took it to the shop to have them figure out why the thread kept breaking, they said they fixed it????? I shook this machine countless times to my shame. It is only 13 years old, it should have some more good years left in it. So there I was frustrated, upset that the two remaining years in American Samoa without stippling and all these projects to finish. So I decided to bake, relieve frustration. I have been dealing with this for months, changing the needle, changing thread, freezing thread (suppose to help with breaking thread), etc. So coming back to the machine, I rethreaded it and a little voice said, thread it there, there is this small loop at the very top of the needle, it was threaded through one of the loops but this one was very small and to the side. Guess what? It worked.....YEPEEEEEEE I was so happy last night. Vance asked why I was so happy,he asked if I had a good nap that day. I just rolled my eyes and smiled....my machine is working and it doesn't take much to make me happy. So a good shaking every once and a while doesn't hurt but threading it the right way will help every time. Something so simple!!!

No comments: