Thursday, January 15, 2009

MY FABRIC FOR THE "BE ATTITUDE" QUILT



So I have my fabric picked out (for the quilt shown below). I need a blue, will have to go and look through my stash for a blue. This material I had purchased from "Connecting Threads" it was originally for a wall hanging. I still love the wall hanging but truly love what I am going to do with it now.

If you would like to see pictures of these blocks by another quilter go to Fit quilter She did a fantastic job, infact, she is the one that inspired me to start this one. My niece sent me the pattern and I just loved it but not until I saw that blog did I really get motivated to do one.

Also, most of you know this but the right kind of fusible is soooo important. I have some from garage sells, from Walmart and they all gum up my needle and just take all the fun out of machine appliqueing. So try and get the fusible that says on it that it will not gum up. I love the "Steam a Seam" and they are selling it on the online store I mentioned below or you can get it at Connecting Threads.com.

I am still waiting for my fusible...I guess while I am waiting, I will work on some projects that need to get done and my scrap pile.

4 comments:

Maxwells said...

I am so terrible with picking colors, it is my least fav thing to do, oh and binding.

Weekes Family said...

just leave it too you to be ahead of the game. I will have to check my e-mail so I can send you that blog again..... I need to get some colors picked out... maybe this weekend... who knows, my house needs a good cleaning...

momtofatdogs said...

have you ever seen the "Mama Said" pattern? i have all the blocks. And I think there is a pattern somewhere to get them as "boys" instead of girls. it's on my list to do ....one day.....i can't remember the designer. Eash block is like: "Mama Said: Be Kind"...etc. So cute

sam

Yvette said...

I am so impressed that you picked out your own fabrics. I can't wait to see a block finished.